1. Pre heat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream butter and sugar together.
3. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and add to butter and sugar mixture, mix well.
4. Drain raisins and mix with the caraway seeds, toss until raisins are coated well.
5. In a separate bowl whisk eggs and buttermilk together, then add to dry mixture.
6. Mix together until a dough forms.
7. On a parchment lined sheet pan, form a loaf.
8. Bake for 1 hour, at 350°F.
- 1 stick softened butter
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cups raisins, softened in boiling water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ buttermilk